Graduate Traffic & Transportation Engineer
Due to a healthy forward workload, we are seeking a Graduate Traffic & Transportation Engineer with 1 to 3 years relevant post graduate transportation experience to join our Traffic & Transportation team in Glasgow office. The successful candidate will have a fantastic opportunity to work in one of the UK’s leading private Engineering Consultancies, working for a range of public and private clients and providing integrated solutions supporting many disciplines.
The Traffic & Transportation team are involved in development projects across Scotland. You will work within a small and enthusiastic team receiving guidance from an experienced engineer. Your tasks will include producing transport planning and engineering related reports, technical notes and drawings, and undertaking traffic analysis of junctions. As you progress you can expect to be active on a number of projects and to work with a number of clients at any given time
The Graduate Traffic & Transportation Engineer’s role includes the following duties:
- Preparation of Transport Assessments and Statements, Travel Plans and Technical Notes, under the guidance of senior staff.
- Preparation of drawings using AutoCAD software.
- Preparation of diagrams and figures for insertion into reports using Microsoft programs.
- Preparing briefs for and overseeing the work of specialist traffic survey sub-consultants.
- Undertaking occasional traffic and parking surveys.
- Attending site visits and meetings alongside senior staff.
- Using Junctions 9 and LinSig software to assess traffic flow at junctions. Guidance and training will be provided.
The ideal candidate will have the following attributes:
- Degree qualified in Civil Engineering, Transportation Planning or other relevant subject with 1 – 3 years post qualification experience working in a Transport Planning and Engineering environment.
- A Masters degree in Transport Planning would be an advantage.
- Experience of preparing Transport Assessments, Statements and Travel Plans would be an advantage.
- A numerate person with high levels of communication and presentation skills.
- Good report writing skills in English.
- Confidence in their work.
- Knowledge of Excel, Word and Publisher.
- Experience using AutoCAD.
- Experience using TRICS, Junctions 9 and LinSig software would be an advantage.
- A flexible and enthusiastic approach to working within a team structure.
- A driving license.
The role offers excellent career progression opportunities within a friendly and professional team that is proud of the quality of the service it delivers to its clients, and has a clear vision for innovation. The benefits include a competitive salary, according to skills and experience, together with an excellent flexible benefits package.
To apply for this position, send your CV to stating the position you are applying for.