Intermediate/Senior Geo-Environmental Engineer
Due to a healthy forward looking workload and continued team growth we are looking to recruit an Intermediate to Senior Geo-Environmental Engineer with the potential to be located in either our London or Watford office. The successful candidate will have a minimum of four years of experience in the areas of geo-environmental site investigation and assessment, remediation and validation, contract management and planning and regulatory liaison. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing geo-environmental advice to internal project teams and external clients and help manage the geo-environmental team workload across the south.
Qualifications / Experience:
A good degree in Environmental Sciences, Environmental Engineering, Geology/Earth Sciences or related subjects is required. An MSc in Environmental Engineering or similar related subject would be beneficial but is not essential. Candidates are expected to be chartered/near chartered.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to further develop their technical and project management skills, including providing robust technical contaminated land assessment and solutions, customer service and business development as part of a rapidly growing team across the south.
The candidate would preferably have experience in a range of sectors, including road and rail, industrial, residential, commercial and leisure developments, providing robust, technically sound and cost effective solutions to Clients throughout.
The successful candidate would be expected to have the following abilities and performance expectations:
- Experience in undertaking, scoping and reviewing Preliminary Risk Assessments and Intrusive Ground investigations including understanding of currently available ground investigation, sampling and laboratory analysis techniques;
- High level of understanding of contaminated land legislation and planning regime to provide geo-environmental ground investigation scoping and generic risk assessment;
- A good understanding of geology, ground models and geotechnical engineering to allow geo-environmental solutions which are integrated and work well with other engineering requirements (e.g. soil improvement, earthworks, foundations)
- Interpretative report writing and reviewing including a good understanding of geology, ground models, and geotechnical engineering/soil behaviours with support and mentoring from geotechnical engineers within the team;
- A thorough understanding of generic and detailed quantitative risk assessment for human health, ground gases and volatiles and Controlled Water, including best practice guidance such as CLR11 and appropriate assessment tools such as CLEA, ConSim, and the Environment Agency’s Remedial Target Methodology
- A good understanding of existing and emerging remedial options, experience in compiling options appraisal reports and remedial strategies and method statements. An ability to provide technical sound and commercially focussed proposals with a clear understanding of the clients requirements and value engineering;
- Experience in liaising with Regulators and Local Authorities in respect to the discharge of contaminated land conditions and Part IIA land inspection
- Ability to deliver projects and work within a multi-disciplinary consultancy, with awareness of structural, civil and transport capabilities in the wider firm. A good understanding of geotechnical engineering is preferred but not essential;
- Experience in client facing roles, developing good working relationships with other professionals within wider project teams and an enthusiasm towards business development and marketing.
Candidates would be expected to be proficient in the use of the Microsoft Office suite, well-informed in respect to the most up to date contaminated land guidance and risk assessment tools.
To apply, please send your CV and brief covering letter to