Senior Civil/Drainage Engineer
Due to a healthy forward workload, we are currently looking to appoint a Senior Civil / Drainage Engineer to join the Sevenoaks Office.
The successful candidate will have a fantastic opportunity to work in one of the UK’s leading private Engineering Consultancies working for clients on a variety of projects in the South of England spanning residential, commercial, education and industrial sectors.
- Leading projects in the office from small to large.
- Design of infrastructure predominantly for residential but also for commercial, education, and industrial sectors including Underground drainage systems and roads to adoptable standards.
- Liaison with statutory bodies such as Southern Water, Enviromental Agency and County Roads Departments.
- Be proficient in the use of relevant technical analysis, design software and AutoCAD.
- Ensure that quality and consistency of technical output (drawings, reports etc) is maintained.
- Willing to attend design meetings, site meetings and carryout site inspections.
- Liaise and lead in a professional manner colleagues, clients, contractors and other designers and to offer advice and guidance on matters relating to their work.
- Work on projects with consideration to the agreed project budgetary limits and time tables.
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Civil Engineering.
- Chartered or near Chartered status (MICE).
- Varied experience in the use of: Sewers for adoption, Seventh Edition; SUDS; Micro Drainage; Highways; and Civils 3D design.
- Excellent report writing, communication and numerical skills required.
The role offers excellent career progression opportunities within a friendly and professional team that is proud of the quality of the service it delivers to its clients, and has a clear vision for innovation. The benefits include a competitive salary, according to skills and experience, together with an excellent flexible benefits package.
To apply for this position, send your CV to stating the position you are applying for.