Senior Civil/Drainage Engineer
Due to a healthy forward workload, we are currently looking to appoint a Senior Civil / Drainage Engineer to join the Aberdeen Office.
The successful candidate will have a fantastic opportunity to work in one of the UK’s leading private Engineering Consultancies working for clients on a variety of projects spanning commercial, retail, residential and industrial sectors.
- Leading projects in the office from small to large.
- Design of infrastructure for commercial, retail, residential and industrial sectors including SUDS drainage systems, roads to adoptable standards.
- Liaison with statutory bodies such as Scottish Water, Local Roads Departments, SEPA
- Be proficient in the use of relevant technical analysis, design software and AutoCAD.
- Ensure that quality and consistency of technical output (drawings, reports etc) is maintained.
- Willing to attend design meetings, site meetings and carryout site inspections.
- Liaise and lead in a professional manner colleagues, clients, contractors and other designers and to offer advice and guidance on matters relating to their work.
- Work on projects with consideration to the agreed project budgetary limits and time tables.
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Civil Engineering.
- Chartered or near Chartered status (MICE).
- Varied experience in the use of: Sewers and Water for Scotland, Third Edition; CIRIA SUDS Manual; SUDS for Roads; Planning Advice Note (PAN) 61:Planning and Sustainable Urban Drainage Systems; the Water Assessment and Drainage Assessment Guide produced by SEPA.
- Excellent report writing, communication and numerical skills required.
The role offers excellent career progression opportunities within a friendly and professional team that is proud of the quality of the service it delivers to its clients, and has a clear vision for innovation. The benefits include a competitive salary, according to skills and experience, together with an excellent flexible benefits package.
To apply for this position, send your CV to stating the position you are applying for.