Senior Geo-Environmental Consultant/Contaminated Land Specialist
We are currently seeking an ambitious and dynamic Senior Engineer or Consultant to join our Geotechnical and Environmental team in Leeds. The successful applicant would be expected to technically and financially manage and deliver projects through from initial quotation to issue of reports, particularly in the areas of geo-environmental site investigation and assessment, remediation and reclamation design, contract management, design implementation and validation. The ability to rapidly assimilate site data and provide robust, pragmatic advice pertinent to the clients’ needs is crucial.
The successful candidate will have opportunities to help develop and grow the environmental business in the North taking a lead role in this area of expertise. Therefore, the successful candidate will be enthusiastic, confident, self-motivated and dynamic with excellent verbal and written communication ability together with the following key skills:
- Design and implementation of Preliminary Risk Assessments and Intrusive Ground Investigations including soil and rock logging, soil and groundwater sampling and in-situ testing.
- High level understanding of contaminated land legislation and the planning regime as well as ability to provide clear and valued commercial advice understanding individual Client and project needs.
- Interpretative report writing including undertaking human health risk and groundwater assessment utilising CLEA, ConSim, RBCA, SNIFFER, BP RISC and EA Remedial Targets for Hydrogeological Risk Assessment.
- Contaminated land remedial works – outline design and specification.
- Preparation of detailed design of contaminated land earthworks and remediation schemes.
Qualifications / Experience:
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience as an engineer/manager
- Experienced project manager able to lead technical project teams.
- Good client facing skills are essential.
- A BSc or BEng in a relevant Geological or Environmental Discipline and MSc in related subject an advantage.
- Undertaking preliminary geotechnical assessments such as basic foundation designs is seen as an advantage.
- A strong sense of customer service and focus; ability to mentor junior staff; excellent organisational skills with flexible attitude to time management, travelling, office based and site works; ability to work consistently and methodically under pressure, meet deadlines and achieve goals.
The role offers excellent career progression opportunities within a friendly and professional team that is proud of the quality of the service it delivers to its clients, with a clear vision for innovation. The benefits include a competitive salary, according to skills and experience, together with an excellent flexible benefits package.
To apply for this position email your CV to stating the position you are applying for.