Senior Infrastructure Engineer
Fairhurst Newcastle has opportunities for expansion to meet the current healthy forward workload generated by the impetus for growth in the UK within the commercial, retail, industrial and housing sectors.
The Infrastructure team of the Newcastle office operates from a City Centre office situated very close to all of the vibrant amenities Newcastle as a city has to offer. The office is close to several transport options too many sought after residential towns and villages.
Our Infrastructure team specialises in providing sustainable development infrastructure solutions to mainly private sector clients in both the UK and overseas. The team also works closely with other Fairhurst disciplines to provide integrated solutions on high profile multi-disciplinary projects.
- Take ownership and pride in the work being delivered by the team.
- Bring original thought and challenge to engineering problems.
- Review documents, designs and drawings completed by team to ensure consistent high quality and compliance with design standards, industry best practice, contractual obligations and client expectations.
- Deliver work in compliance with Health and Safety legislation and Quality Management procedures.
- Liaison with Clients and stakeholders and other relevant third parties.
- Manage projects, providing support, mentoring and guidance to less experienced colleagues.
- Ability to take initiative and manage own workload/deadlines.
- Proven reporting and communication skills will be required, together with an ability to work as part of a team.
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE:
- Ideal candidates for the Senior Infrastructure Engineer position will have a minimum of five years experience with an aspiration to gain Incorporated or Chartered status.
- Experience in highway and drainage design with a working knowledge of UK design standards is needed, together with the ability to balance several projects and meet project timetables. We currently have a varied workload ranging from large scale distribution centre developments in the commercial sector and residential schemes of varying scales, from pre-planning through to construction so the candidate would need to show experience in highways, external works and drainage for these types of projects.
- Candidates should have private sector experience and a working knowledge in the use of PDS / Civil 3D, together with Microdrainage, Autocad and Autotrack,
The role offers an opportunity to provide design solutions on a large portfolio of projects, and to work within a friendly and professional team that is proud of the quality of the service it delivers to its clients. We have a clear vision for innovation and engineering excellence. Benefits include a competitive salary, according to skills and experience, together with an excellent flexible benefits package, training opportunities, reimbursement of professional fees, contributory pension, personal health care plan and life insurance.
To apply for this position, please send your CV to Newcastle @fairhurst.co.uk