Senior/Principal and Associate Level Engineering Geologist/Geotechnical Engineers
Due to a healthy forward looking workload and continued team growth we are looking to recruit Senior/Principal and/or Associate Level Engineering Geologists/Geotechnical Engineers in our London office. The successful candidate will hold a key and permanent position in the team and be responsible for continued development of more junior staff, client base and help manage geo-environmental workload across the south.
A practical and dedicated Geotechnical Engineer is required to manage a growing geotechnical and environmental team comprising of engineering geologists, and geo-environmental and geotechnical engineers. The successful candidate should have strong project management experience, able to lead technical project teams, robust technical abilities and a strong sense of customer service. Principal to Associate level engineers should also have experience and willing to contribute to business development. The candidate would preferably have experience in a range of sectors, including road and rail, industrial, residential, commercial and leisure developments, providing robust, technically sound and cost effective solutions to Clients throughout.
The successful candidate would be expected to have the following abilities and performance expectations:
- Experience in undertaking, scoping and reviewing Preliminary Risk Assessments and Intrusive Ground investigations including understanding of currently available ground investigation, sampling and laboratory analysis techniques;
- A basic understanding of contaminated land legislation and planning regime, with the support of geo-environmental specialist staff;
- Interpretative report writing and reviewing including a comprehensive understanding of ground models, geotechnical engineering properties and soil behaviours;
- Prepare, review and/or authorise competent Ground Investigation Reports and Geotechnical Design Reports;
- A thorough understanding in the assessment and detailed design of:
- Temporary works e.g., crane bases, working platforms,
- Slope stability;
- Foundations (Shallow and deep);
- Earthworks Specification
- Reinforced Earthworks
- Retaining Structures;
- Soil & Rock engineering;
- Ground improvement;
- Ground movement and settlement/subsidence;
- Mineral workings and natural cavities.
- Basement engineering
- Experience in considering construction techniques and constraints and value engineering appraisals;
- Ability to deliver projects and work within a multi-disciplinary consultancy, with awareness of structural, civil and transport capabilities in the wider firm;
- Ability to provide technically sound and commercially focussed proposals and reports based on a clear understanding of clients requirements;
- Experience in client facing roles, developing good working relationships with other professionals within wider project teams and an enthusiasm towards business development and marketing.
Candidates would be expected to be proficient in the use of the Microsoft Office suite. A good working knowledge of AutoCAD, ArcGIS, RocScience (Slide, RocFall), Oasys (pDisp, Xdisp), gINT, PLAXIS and Wallap software is expected.
A good degree in Earth Sciences, Geology or Civil Engineering is required. An MSc in Geotechnics or Engineering Geology or a related subject would be beneficial but is not essential. Candidates are expected to be chartered/near chartered dependent on level. PTS trained is a bonus.
To apply for this position, send your CV stating the position you are applying for.