Senior/ Project Engineer (Bridges)
Due to a healthy forward workload, we are currently looking to appoint an experienced Bridge Engineer in our Edinburgh office. The successful candidate will have a fantastic opportunity to work in one of the UK’s leading private Engineering Consultancies working on a varied portfolio of bridge works including major infrastructure and highway schemes throughout the UK.
You can expect to be active on a number of projects and with a number of clients at any given time.
- Preparing bridge design calculations, drawings, specifications, reports and other project documentation as required in line with company and client requirements as well as national standards and codes of practice
- Using specialist bridge analysis software such as MIDAS, and Autodesk Structural Bridge Design to undertake complex modelling of bridges
- Leading and assisting with the preparation of documentation relating to projects
- Designing in 3D modelling environments such as Revit and Civil 3D
- Taking a lead role in the resolution of technical issues
- Supervision and technical development of other engineering team members
- Building relationships with Clients on projects and working with senior staff to promote the business.
- Attendance at design meetings and site inspections
- Preparation of fee proposals.
- Degree in civil engineering
- Chartered or Incorporated Engineer professional status, or equivalent, or about to sit professional exams
- You will have a gained substantial structural design experience within the bridges sector and in a consultancy environment
- Have previous relevant site experience including supervision of elements of large, complex bridge engineering projects
- Excellent communication skills including technical written English
- Experience preparing design deliverables using civil engineering design software packages
- Flexible and enthusiastic approach, team player, proactive and delivery focused
- An aptitude for Building Information Modelling and the workflow associated with projects delivered in a Common Data Environment
The role offers excellent career progression opportunities within a friendly and professional team that is proud of the quality of the service it delivers to its clients, and has a clear vision for innovation. The benefits include a competitive salary, according to skills and experience, together with an excellent flexible benefits package.
To apply for this position, send your CV to Edinburgh stating the position you are applying for.