Senior Transport Engineer
We are seeking to appoint a Senior Transport Engineer with 7+ years post graduate transportation experience to join our Traffic & Transportation team in the Aberdeen (Westhill) office. The successful candidate will have a fantastic opportunity to work in one of the UK’s leading private Engineering Consultancies, working for a range of public and private sector clients.
The Traffic & Transportation team are involved in development projects across Scotland. As a key part of the team you will work with urban designers and other professionals in the preparation of Development Frameworks and Master Plans to support the allocation of sites through the Development Plan process, and the preparation of Transport Assessments and Travel Plans in support of planning applications. You will also provide inputs to the Environmental Impact Assessment process.
The Senior Transport Engineer’s role includes the following duties:-
- Manage the delivery of projects.
- Preparation of Transport Assessment, Transport Statement, Travel Plan and Transport Appraisal reports.
- Traffic modelling using Junctions 9 (ARCADY / PICADY), LinSig and Paramics software.
- Establishing compliant solutions which improve the performance of roads and junctions.
- Liaison with clients, other professionals and statutory authorities.
- Attending project team meetings, site meetings and carrying out site visits.
- Preparing briefs for and overseeing the work of sub-consultants.
- Liaise with and lead other colleagues, clients and other professionals providing advice and guidance on traffic and transportation matters.
- Work on projects with consideration to the agreed project budgetary limits and timescales.
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE:
The ideal candidate will have the following attributes:
- Degree qualified in Civil Engineering or other relevant discipline with 7+ years post qualification experience working in a Transport Planning and Engineering environment.
- A Masters degree in Transport Planning would be advantageous.
- Full membership of an appropriate professional body.
- Working towards being an Incorporated / Chartered Engineer.
- Good knowledge of key reference documents such as the DMRB, SPP, PAN 75, Designing Streets and the National Roads Development Guide.
- A good understanding of the development planning process in Scotland.
- A numerate person with high levels of communication and presentation skills.
- Good report writing skills in English.
- Good knowledge of Excel, Word and Publisher.
- Experience using AutoCAD.
- A flexible and enthusiastic approach to working within a team structure.
- Confidence and ability to maximise the level of responsibility taken on projects, small and large.
The role offers excellent career progression opportunities within a friendly and professional team that is proud of the quality of the service it delivers to its clients, and has a clear vision for innovation. The benefits include a competitive salary, according to skills and experience, together with an excellent flexible benefits package.
To apply for this position, send your CV to stating the position you are applying for.