Technical Manager (Roads and Infrastructure)
Due to a healthy forward workload, we are currently looking to appoint an Engineering Technical Manager in our Edinburgh office. The successful candidate will have extensive experience in trunk road and major infrastructure design.
The successful candidate will have a fantastic opportunity to work in one of the UK’s leading private Engineering Consultancies working on major infrastructure and highway schemes throughout the UK.
With a varied portfolio of civil works the successful candidate will display a positive and practical approach to the challenges of civil engineering to join our growing Scottish based independent partnership. Our portfolio of work includes a variety of major road and infrastructure projects throughout the UK.
- Delivering a ‘hands on’ technical role in providing high level advice to clients and multi-disciplinary design teams to secure appropriate innovative designs which are capable of being effectively engineered.
- Ensuring delivery of outcomes on time and within budget.
- Continuously improving the technical performance of the roads and infrastructure team.
- Developing the services offered by the team
The role also has a business management and development function which will require the Technical Manager to;
- Support on development and expansion of the current client base across the UK
- Manage and report on the financial performance of the team
- Chartered/Incorporated with a degree in Civil/Structural Engineering
- High levels of communication and presentation skills.
- Technical management of key project deliverables
- Project programme management and reporting
- Management of contract budgets and financial reporting
- Flexible and enthusiastic approach to working within a team structure.