Trafalgar Street, Leeds
Uptown Leeds Ltd.
Currently in construction
The redevelopment of a Victorian Grade II former clothing manufacturing building to provide a mixed use development of 82 loft style apartments and 500 sq m of retail space. Our involvement included;
- To accommodate two levels of car park at lower level, lowering of the existing ground floor was undertaken providing new basement levels. This included extensive concrete underpinning of the mass masonry perimeter walls.
- All the external facades were retained and refurbished after consultation with the local conservation officers.
- New goods lifts and stair.
- Removing all existing six floors beyond the belvedere and introducing additional eight floors with an additional 3 storey extension to the roof to provide an overall 11 storey residential development.
- Cases were introduced.
- Structural assessment of the existing foundations and masonry to accommodate the additional floors.
Full design of all structural and civil engineering elements including advice on temporary works and condition assessment of the existing Grade II listed building.
The key specialist skills Fairhurst provided that added value to project included extensive experience of the refurbishment of Victorian listed former clothing manufacturing buildings, specialist design of underpinning and foundations, façade retention systems, temporary work advice and design, and the expertise to incorporate contemporary structural building regulations requirements into a building built over 120 years ago.
Retail, Residential, Refurbishment and Conservation