BIM / INFORMATION MANAGER
Due to a healthy forward workload, we are currently looking to appoint an experienced highways focused BIM Manager in our Edinburgh office. The successful candidate will be responsible for the development and implementation of Standards as well as the authoring, data management, checking, auditing and coordination of BIM input. You will support the technical team in strategic development of Fairhurst BIM capability to both internal and external clients.
The successful candidate will have a fantastic opportunity to work in one of the UK’s leading private Engineering Consultancies working on major infrastructure and highway schemes throughout the UK.
- To work in close collaboration with team members of other disciplines and have an appreciation of their roles and key outputs.
- Assist delivery teams in project set-up and developing project standards and protocols in collaboration with Clients
- Creation, coordination, reviewing, checking clash detecting & simulation of individual and Federated BIM Models
- Authoring in-house training material and acting as Knowledge Champion for BIM related issues.
- To ensure that all BIM work is carried out in full compliance with the Company’s Quality Management Systems
- Stay up-to-date with and communicate the advances in BIM software as these relate to the construction industry
- Creation of software templates, patches and transfer protocols to improve business/project delivery efficiency
- Co-ordinate hardware upgrades with IT department, ensuring forward visibility of requirements.
- Project Information Manager (PIM); or
- Task Information Manager (TIM); or
- BIM Certificated Practitioner
- Demonstrable significant experience in the implementation of BIM on highways projects
- Sound knowledge of design & construction process as this is related to the production of 3D collaboration information.
- Ability to use and guide others on relevant software packages.
- Excellent communication skills, particularly in technical written English
- Flexible and enthusiastic approach to working within a team structure
- Confidence and ability to take responsibility for work on large projects
The role offers excellent career opportunities within a friendly and professional team that is proud of the quality of the service it delivers to its clients. We have a clear vision for innovation and pragmatic solutions. The benefits include a competitive salary, according to skills and experience, together with a flexible benefits package.
To apply for this position, send your CV to Edinburgh stating the position you are applying for.