Due to a healthy forward workload, we are currently looking to appoint an experienced CAD Technician in our Edinburgh office. The successful candidate will have a fantastic opportunity to work in one of the UK’s leading private Engineering Consultancies working on a varied portfolio of bridge works including major infrastructure and highway schemes throughout the UK.
Depending on experience as you progress you can expect to be active on a number of projects and with a number of clients at any given time.
- Contribute to the production of project CAD deliverables, 3D and 2D, that are accurate, clear, concise and compliant with relevant standards, industry best practice and any other standards dictated by the nature of the project.
- Prepare drawings/designs using AutoCAD, Civils 3D and REVIT
- Contribute to the resolution of technical issues on projects.
- Detailing of reinforcement arrangements and producing bending schedules within reinforced concrete structures in compliance with required standards.
- Taking a lead role in the resolution of technical issues.
- Supervision and technical development of junior technician team members.
- Experienced in computer aided design and drafting
- Have a qualification in a relevant technical subject including elements of CAD/Drafting (HNC/HND or equivalent).
- Having or working towards Engineering Technician status or equivalent through a recognised professional institution
- Experience of using AutoCAD, Civils 3D and REVIT
- Experience of working in a team of CAD technicians with varying skill levels and abilities,
- Experience of working in interdisciplinary design teams,
- Having a working knowledge of BIM processes and national BIM standards,
- Having a knowledge of how to coordinate interdisciplinary designs within the 3D environment
The role offers excellent career progression opportunities within a friendly and professional team that is proud of the quality of the service it delivers to its clients, and has a clear vision for innovation. The benefits include a competitive salary, according to skills and experience, together with an excellent flexible benefits package.
To apply for this position, send your CV to Edinburgh stating the position you are applying for.