PRINCIPAL CIVIL ENGINEER (ROADS)
Due to a healthy forward workload, we are currently looking to appoint an experienced Principal Engineer in our Edinburgh office. The successful candidate will be a Chartered or Incorporated Engineer with considerable relevant experience post professional qualification.
The successful candidate will have a fantastic opportunity to work in one of the UK’s leading private Engineering Consultancies working on major infrastructure and highway schemes throughout the UK.
All Principal Engineers work under direct supervision of our highly experienced managers and directors and alongside our team of dedicated engineers and technicians.
You can expect to be active on a number of projects and with a number of clients at any given time.
- Develop Conceptual and detailed designs for major road projects
- Working within a multidisciplinary team environment to undertake the design and management of local road and highway infrastructure.
- Taking appropriate responsibility for the management of small teams, quality of design output and for management of deliverables to a specified programme and budget.
- Mentor individuals within the team
- Provide technical governance on projects to ensure a technically excellent delivery in accordance with the client’s brief
- Manage and liaise with other members of multi-disciplinary design teams to achieve a coordinated design
- Prepare and review project budgets on a monthly basis as required by the workload
- Working closely with key Clients to develop relationships and promote major projects
- Liaise with Statutory bodies such as local authorities, Transport Scotland and D&B Contractors
- Attendance at design meetings and site progress meetings
- Working with senior staff to promote and market the business
- Hold a professional qualification and membership of appropriate professional bodies at Chartered status i.e Institution of Civil Engineers or the Chartered Institute of Highways and Transportation, or
- Hold a professional qualification and membership of appropriate professional bodies at Incorporated status i.e Institution of Civil Engineers or the Chartered Institute of Highways and Transportation with significant relevant experience
- Technically competent in the field of highways and infrastructure design
- Sound knowledge of DMRB design standards and specifications.
- Ability to use and guide others on design and assessment software packages (Bentley MX/Openroads/Civils3D, WinDes, KeySign/Post, PDS signs/lines etc)
- Experience in providing consultancy services to national and local government on road scheme projects.
- Excellent communication skills, particularly in technical written English
- Flexible and enthusiastic approach to working within a team structure
- Confidence and ability to take responsibility for work on large projects
The role offers excellent career progression opportunities within a friendly and professional team that is proud of the quality of the service it delivers to its clients. We have a clear vision for innovation and pragmatic solutions. The benefits include a competitive salary, according to skills and experience, together with a flexible benefits package.
To apply for this position, send your CV to Edinburgh stating the position you are applying for.