Due to a steadily increasing forward workload and a strategy for growth, we are currently looking to appoint a suitably experienced Principal Designer/ Senior H&S/Consultant to work as a member of our H&S Consultancy team based in our Glasgow office.
The successful candidate will have a fantastic opportunity to work as part of a team on a variety of projects spanning all industry sectors and also on major international events held across the world, for which Fairhurst provides safety & risk management and engineering support on a consultancy basis.
Reporting to the responsible Technical Manager and Lead Consultant, the individual will be expected to act as a key figure within our well established and dedicated team that provides safety and risk management consultancy support, including Principal Designer services, across our portfolio of projects.
The successful candidate will be expected to travel throughout the UK and internationally on short-term site based assignments, when required for individual project needs.
Particular responsibilities of the role will include:
- Undertaking the role of CDM Adviser/Principal Designer on a broad range of construction related projects, in accordance with the requirements of the Construction, (Design and Management) Regulations 2015.
- Acting as a Safety Consultant in the provision of a broad range of H&S related consultancy services to our clients, including:
- CDM Advisor/Principal Designer services
- Safety Consultant services for major public events
- Development, delivery and auditing of corporate H&S management systems
- Training development and delivery
- Fire Risk Assessment
- Accident & Incident Investigation
- Working with senior colleagues to help target and achieve the continuous growth of the business/H&S consultancy team and working as a leading figure to prepare and submit proposals in pursuit of such new clients and projects.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues and ensure appropriate sharing of knowledge and best practice.
- Undertake CPD activities to maintain knowledge and skills required for the role and to develop further skills and experience on matters relating to Engineering and H&S/Risk Management.
The minimum requirements for this role are:
- Recognised H&S/Risk management qualifications and a desire to further enhance overall levels of competence, skills and experience. The ideal candidate will hold or be working towards a Chartered Membership with a recognised industry body
- Flexible and enthusiastic approach to working within a team structure and with a desire to further develop knowledge and skills in Engineering and H&S Management sectors
- A proactive approach to the implementation of all aspects of H&S management
- Past relevant experience as a leading figure for H&S consultancy/CDM Co-ordinator assignments
- An ability to work within a busy department and lead others of junior roles/responsibilities
- Ability to work as part of a co-ordinated team
- Delivery of assigned tasks on time and to budget
- Provide all necessary support to senior staff
- Use initiative with ability to work independently, when required
- Be familiar and comfortable with the use of IT systems including main MS Office software packages
- Experience of working in an office based environment, including demonstrable skills related to effective business administration.
- Good report writing and communication skills, both written and oral, required
- Ability to travel to and to work from project sites, including those located overseas, is essential. This includes the ability to work away from the base office for short-term assignments.
- UK valid driving licence essential
For the right candidate, the role can offer excellent career progression opportunities within a friendly and professional team that is proud of the quality of the service it delivers to its internal and external clients. The benefits include a competitive salary, according to skills and experience, together with an excellent flexible benefits package.
To apply for this position, send your CV to stating the position for which you are applying.