Traffic & Transportation Engineer
Due to expanding workload we are seeking a Traffic & Transportation Engineer with 3+ years post graduate transportation experience to join our Traffic & Transportation team in the Edinburgh office. The successful candidate will have a fantastic opportunity to work in one of the UK’s leading private Engineering Consultancies, working for a range of public and private sector clients.
The Traffic & Transportation team are involved in development projects in a number of sectors across Scotland. You will work within a small and enthusiastic team supporting senior colleagues and giving guidance to graduates / technicians. Your tasks will include producing transport planning and engineering related reports, technical notes and drawings, and undertaking traffic analysis of junctions. You can expect to be active on a number of projects, working for a number of clients at any given time.
The Transport & Transportation Engineer’s role includes the following duties:-
- Supporting senior staff.
- Guiding and assisting graduates and technicians.
- Preparation of Transport Assessment, Transport Statement, Travel Plan and Transport Appraisal reports.
- Traffic modelling using Junctions 9 (ARCADY / PICADY), LinSig and Paramics software.
- Traffic signal design (training given) and preparation of drawings using AutoCAD.
- Establishing compliant solutions which improve the performance of roads and junctions.
- Liaison with other professionals and statutory authorities.
- Attending project team meetings and carrying out site visits alongside senior staff.
- Work on projects with consideration to the agreed project budgetary limits and timescales.
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE:
The ideal candidate will have the following attributes:
- Degree qualified in Civil Engineering or other relevant discipline with 3+ years post qualification experience working in a Transport Planning and Engineering environment.
- A Masters degree in Transport Planning would be an advantage.
- Membership of an appropriate professional body.
- Working towards being an Incorporated / Chartered Engineer.
- Knowledge of key reference documents such as the DMRB, SPP, PAN 75, Designing Streets and the National Roads Development Guide.
- An understanding of the development planning process in Scotland.
- Experience of preparing Transport Assessments, Statements, Travel Plans and Transport Appraisals.
- A numerate person with high levels of communication and presentation skills.
- Good report writing skills in English.
- Good knowledge of Excel, Word and Publisher.
- Experience using AutoCAD.
- Experience using TRICS, Junctions 9 and LinSig software. Paramics experience would be an advantage.
- A flexible and enthusiastic approach to working within a team structure.
- A driving license.
The role offers excellent career progression opportunities within a friendly and professional team that is proud of the quality of the service it delivers to its clients, and has a clear vision for innovation. The benefits include a competitive salary, according to skills and experience, together with an excellent flexible benefits package.
To apply for this position, send your CV to