Due to a healthy forward workload, we are seeking a Graduate Civil Engineer, ideally with 1 to 3 years relevant post graduate experience to join our Rail & Civils team in our Glasgow office. The successful candidate will have a fantastic opportunity to work in one of the UK’s leading private Engineering Consultancies, working for a range of public and private clients and providing integrated solutions supporting many disciplines.
The Rail & Civils team are involved in development projects across Scotland. You will work within a small and enthusiastic team receiving guidance from experienced engineers. Your tasks will include producing options / feasibility studies, engineering related reports, technical notes and drawings, and undertaking structural analysis and design of bridges and other heavy civils structures.
As you progress you can expect to be active on a number of projects and to work with a number of clients at any given time. We have an accredited ICE Training Scheme where we actively encourage graduates to attain Chartered Engineer (CEng) status.
• Preparation of Feasibility Studies and Technical Notes, under the guidance of senior staff.
• Analysis of bridge structures using LUSAS. Guidance and training will be provided.
• Preparation of drawings using AutoCAD software.
• Preparation of diagrams and figures for insertion into reports using Microsoft programs.
• Preparing briefs for and overseeing the work of specialist sub-consultants.
• Undertaking occasional site inspections and surveys.
• Attending site visits and meetings alongside senior staff.
• Input to fee proposals and bidding opportunities.
• Degree qualified in Civil Engineering or Structural Engineering ideally with some post qualification experience working in a Civil Engineering environment.
• A numerate person with high levels of communication and presentation skills.
• Good report writing skills in English.
• Confidence in their work.
• Knowledge of Excel, Word and Publisher.
• Experience using AutoCAD.
• Experience using LUSAS software would be an advantage.
• A flexible and enthusiastic approach to working within a team structure.
• A driving licence.
The current permanent employment opportunity offers a competitive salary and excellent flexible benefits package for permanent staff which includes training opportunities, reimbursement of professional fees, contributory pension, personal health care plan and life insurance, interest-free travel loan scheme, additional leave purchase and buy-back scheme, staff loyalty bonus. You can learn more about our staff benefits here.
We aim to be the number one team and company of choice for our clients, who seek integrated and high-quality services.
As an employer, we are motivated to support and develop our staff and to provide an environment where people can flourish and reach their full potential. We are committed to taking equity, inclusion and diversity seriously and support and encourage staff from all backgrounds, genders, age, LGBQT+, race, faith and cultures. We offer a range of inclusive policies, including hybrid working arrangements and family-friendly flexibility and support.
To apply for this position, send your CV to email@example.com stating the position and the office for which you are applying