We are looking to appoint a Structural Engineer to join our expanding Leeds office on a full-time and permanent basis. The successful candidate will have a fantastic opportunity to work on a variety of projects spanning the commercial, retail, residential, industrial and scientific sectors.
- Structural engineering assessment and inspection of new and existing properties in steel, concrete, masonry and timber
- Technical lead on projects as and when required
- Prepare high quality technical reports including dilapidation reports and due diligence structural surveys
- Undertake analysis and design using hand calculations as well as a range of software packages, including CSC Fastrak, Tekkla, Building Designer, TEDDS, CSI Safe, Robot and Bluebeam Revu
- Carry out hand calculations for verifying software outputs
- Ensure that quality and consistency of technical output (drawings, reports, calcs etc) is always maintained
- Liaise with and lead other members of the design team to achieve a coordinated design solution that meets the Clients objectives
- Work on projects of various sizes and complexity including offices, hotels, large residential developments, retail etc
- A degree in Structural Engineering is essential
- 2 to 8 years’ + Post-Graduation experience is essential, working in a consultancy (UK-based experience to be 3+ years minimum and recent)
- Ability and confidence to win work
- Varied experience in all the common forms of construction, material and building types
- Chartered or near Chartered status (MICE or MIStructE)
- Excellent report writing, communication and numerical skills is required
- Experience in working on listed and historical buildings would be advantageous
- Experience of using structural analysis design software packages is essential
- Experience of work on large projects, offices, hotels, housing developments etc.
- Use of Eurocodes & British Standards is essential
- Full clean driving license
- Excellent, positive, reliable work ethic is essential
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
The current permanent employment opportunity offers a competitive salary and excellent flexible benefits package for permanent staff which includes training opportunities, reimbursement of professional fees, contributory pension, personal health care plan and life insurance, interest-free travel loan scheme, additional leave purchase and buy-back scheme, staff loyalty bonus. You can learn more about our staff benefits here.
We aim to be the number one team and company of choice for our clients, who seek integrated and high-quality services.
As an employer, we are motivated to support and develop our staff and to provide an environment where people can flourish and reach their full potential. We are committed to taking equity, inclusion and diversity seriously and support and encourage staff from all backgrounds, genders, age, LGBQT+, race, faith and cultures. We offer a range of inclusive policies, including hybrid working arrangements and family-friendly flexibility and support.
To apply for this position, send your CV to email@example.com stating the position and the office for which you are applying.