Garden Court

The project comprised the refurbishment of Garden Court a Grade II listed building and Blackstone House a 1950’s concrete framed building.

Both buildings were extensively refurbished and linked with a new glazed building comprising bridges and meeting rooms between the two buildings.

Garden Court had a long standing damp problem at lower ground floor level. The semi basement was completely rebuilt and a drained cavity installed to bring the space back to commercial office space.

Some internal walls were removed and at roof level a new open-plan meeting room was created by replacing the original roof slab.

Both Buildings had new air conditioning added for the first time. This required extensive new plant rooms and risers through the listed buildings.

Historical damage was found in Garden Court with some local fire damage found in the roof space to Garden Court. This damage was possibly from 1941 when central london was bombed and damaged recorded elsewhere in Middle temple.

Related Projects